Lead Aerodynamic Engineer
About Dr. Burlaka
In his role as Lead Aerodynamic Engineer, Dr. Burlaka oversees the aerodynamic design of the Anax Turboexpander. He is also SoftInWay’s Lead Aerodynamics Engineer and specializes in flow path optimization, advanced 3D blade design, aerodynamics and CFD analysis and has published over 25 technical journals and papers. Dr. Burlaka holds his PhD in Rotodynamic Machines and Turbine Plants from the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Burlaka’s experience includes:
- Design and optimization of steam turbines for mechanical drives.
- Development and design of advanced turbomachinery flow paths for steam turbines.
- Lead developer for high efficiency SCO2 power cycle.
- Developing supersonic profiles for steam turbines.
- Developed mathematical model for supersonic nozzle loss calculation for a variety of expansion ratios at partial mode of operation and embedded in AxSTREAM software.
- 3D blade design and CFD analysis for compound lean of blades.